As we all know, business information is one of our most valuable assets. It is imperative that this information stays within our organization and authorized third-parties.
So, when documents containing sensitive information are shared outside of the organization, especially HR, Finance and Legal, we want to be able to identify these sharing events and investigate the details. Moreover, these types of information are protected by data regulations laws and so require additional vigilance to prevent data loss and potential heavy fines.
Here’s how you can use Cognni insights to see when and which HR, Finance and Legal information is being exposed externally:
- Navigate to the “Insights” dashboard and click on “External Contacts” from the list on the left.
2. Click on the information type icon for HR, choose "All HR information", and then click "Done".
3. Follow the same steps for Finance and Legal, then click on "View Results".
4. Click on "Save" and then "Create a new insight" to save this Insight to your view options of the left-hand side.
5. Click on any of the results to view the documents that were shared with that external contact.
Now you can investigate all HR, Finance and Legal files exposed outside the organization and conduct an in-depth investigate into why the share occurred, and go about putting policies in place to protect that information.
If you have any questions or need any further support, please send us an email to email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.